Crypto News: The securities division of the global electronics and smartphones manufacturer Samsung is eyeing the development of its native Crypto Exchange Platform! The launch may happen by early 2023!
- Samsung Securities investment firm has worked with the Smartphone division to offer Galaxy mobiles with crypto wallet compatibility.
- Samsung Electronics has developed a TV with NFTs support and Cardano ecosystem exposure.
» Are Samsung Securities & South Korea Pro-Crypto?
A local media report claims the South Korea-based investment firm Samsung Securities will focus on developing security tokens. The company had already unsuccessfully attempted to launch its crypto exchange platform in the previous year by lacking specialized professionals.
- South Korea blocked 60 Crypto Exchanges in 2021, urging them to register and comply with FIU rules and regulations.
- The new president of South Korea (Yoon Suk-Yeol) is known to be a crypto enthusiast. He promises various benefits on crypto holding and trading activities for the citizens ahead.
- Six other giant companies in South Korea are also working on launching their crypto exchange platforms in 2023.
» More Crypto News Today!
→ Binance Helps Philippines SEC on Crypto Legislation & Regulations!
In early August, the Philippines Securities and Exchange Commission requested citizens not to invest in Binance. However, it is being utilized widely, and Binance is jointly working with the Philippines SEC over crypto legislation development.
- Philippines SEC, Cagayan Economic Zone Authority and Binance met at a senate hearing, discussing fintech and crypto regulation possibilities.
- Cryptoslate report also adds the senator is concerned about whether cease and desist orders are enough to prevent illegitimate crypto operations.
- Simultaneously, the entities in the meeting spoke about how crypto advancements could benefit the nation while retaining & enforcing consumer safety measures.
→ Thirdweb Crypto Earns Coinbase Ventures and Shopify Investments!
A Web3 app developer platform labelled Thirdweb raised $24 million during its Series A funding round at a $160 million valuation. The platform offers pre-built and audited smart contracts that help developers quickly deploy blockchain applications with analytics management.
- The funding round was led by Haun Ventures, an investment firm launched by former a16z partner Katie Haun.
- Tools developed by Thirdweb have been used famously by Afterpay and by the New York Fashion Week. The web3 startup also has a partnership with the Coinbase NFT marketplace.
- The investing partners in the funding round include the venture capital investment arm of Coinbase, Polygon, Shopify, Protocol Labs and others.
→ $885M SPAC Deal: Crypto ATM giant Bitcoin Depot is going Public!
The global leader in the Crypto ATM market with +7000 ATMs in the US and Canada is working on going public with a Nasdaq listing. The firm assisting the ATM-giant company is GSR II Meteora, a Special Purpose Acquisition Company.
- The deal is reported to be closed within the first quarter of 2023 at an estimated $885 million valuation, per a crypto news source.
- The global market share of Bitcoin Depot is currently the highest at 19.1%, while over 38,000 crypto ATMs exist across 80 countries.
- More than half of the public listings of companies in 2020-21 have been handled by GSR II Meteora.
→ Afghanistan Arrests 16 Crypto Exchanges Staff in Shutdown!
Afghanistan Police Counter-Crime Unit head revealed that central banks in the nation banned all crypto activities to curb scams and frauds.
- After the Taliban’s power in Afghanistan, US sanctions halted the economy and the growing crypto use in the nation, freezing possible foreign aid.
- The locals involved with crypto exchanges are reportedly getting arrested by the police, with their shops closing off.
- The independent report publisher did not specifically mention the banned crypto exchanges but reported its staff also getting arrested all the same.
→ Survey: Crypto Aware Parents Demand Crypto Education for Kids!
A survey in the United States reveals that two-thirds of parents and college graduates that know crypto demand it should be taught in schools locally. The online study platform Study.com performed the survey, which questioned whether the curriculum must mandatorily include crypto education.
- 64% of parents and 67% of college graduates chose that digital currencies should be a part of the education curriculum.
- Other study findings revealed that 40% believe blockchain should also be a subject.
- Only 25% and 35% of the strata chose that NFTs and the Metaverse should also be included in the curriculum, respectively.
- The survey participants had 884 parents and 210 American college graduates from various regions in the nation.
- The screening process also revealed that 88% of the American population have heard of crypto, with 16% being unaware of it.
Crypto Sale Today – August 25th, 2022
The top cryptocurrency prices in the global crypto market appear stabilized and near-similar to the crypto rates from previous hours. The following figures per crypto news reflect their individual positions:
- (BTC) Bitcoin
- Average Price: $21,665.34
- 24h: + 0.86% ↑
- (ETH) Ethereum
- Average Price: $1,703.32
- 24h: + 2.92% ↑
- (BNB) Binance Coin
- Average Price: $302.96
- 24h: + 1.89% ↑
- (XRP) Ripple
- Average Price: $0.3475
- 24h: + 0.78% ↑
- (ADA) Cardano
- Average Price: $0.4634
- 24h: + 0.27% ↑
- (SOL) Solana
- Average Price: $36.08
- 24h: + 1.81% ↑