Crypto News Daily: Celsius announced bankruptcy to resolve its liability issues and work on restructuring, but a report shows it’s down and under.
- Celsius acknowledges having a deficit of $1.190 Billion on its balance sheet.
» Celsius Owes Creditors +$1.2 Billion in Assets!
A report filed by the advisor partner of the decentralized finance lender (DeFi) platform Celsius reveals a huge balance deficit.
- A document filed by Kirkland and Ellis for Celsius in US Bankruptcy Court reveals the company holds $4.3 billion in assets.
- The total liabilities borne by the company against its assets are worth more than $5.5 billion.
- The deficit of owing more than $1.19 billion is a major concern, even with Celsius holding $600 million in CEL tokens.
→ Chainalysis Reports All Time High Crypto Mixing Activities!
Routing cryptocurrencies through mixing services to hide ill-gains has reached an all-time high, as per a Chainalysis report. The report adds over 10% of all funds sent from illicit crypto addresses are wired to mixers.
Crypto sent to mixers with its 30-day-moving-average amounts to $5.81 million in April, which exceeded $600 million in Q2 2022. The major spike can be attributed to the war in Ukraine and the sanctions imposed on Russia.
- The blockchain analysis report points out that major crypto mixing occurred between sanctioned entities and stolen funds.
- The total illicit activities in the Crypto market remain below 1%.
- Two groups, namely Russian darknet Hydra and North Korea’s Lazarus Group, contribute 80%.
→ GameFi News: Splinterland Popularity surpasses Axie Infinity!
Play2Earn crypto games Splinterlands and Alien Worlds are currently contesting the number one spot in terms of popularity in the Crypto market. The decline of Axie Infinity can be attributed to the security hack it experienced in early 2022.
- The Axie Infinity economy is dubbed as unsustainable by experts, with the game losing live active players per week.
- Last week, Axie Infinity lost about 200K players, in succession to losing 368K players in the week previous to it.
Crypto Sale Today – July 15th, 2022
On the global crypto market, the top cryptocurrencies prices or crypto today reflect the following figures:
- (BTC) Bitcoin
- Average Price: $20,601.29
- 24h: – 0.17% ↓
- (ETH) Ethereum
- Average Price: $1,197.58
- 24h: – 0.55% ↓
- (BNB) Binance Coin
- Average Price: $237.75
- 24h: – 0.04% ↓
- (XRP) Ripple
- Average Price: $0.3371
- 24h: – 1.20% ↓
- (ADA) Cardano
- Average Price: $0.44
- 24h: – 0.63% ↓
- (SOL) Solana
- Average Price: $36.83
- 24h: – 0.79% ↓